Cusco to Machu Picchu Train
The most common route from Cusco to Machu Picchu is by train that leaves Cusco daily from Poroy train station (25 min from Cusco) or Ollantaytambo Train station (1 h 40 min from Cusco). The trip lasts approximately four hours and ends in the small town of Aguas Calientes, You will find two companies Peru Rail and Inca Rail.
Office is located at the main square of Cusco, Portal de Panes 105 and Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley, Ferrocarril Avenue S/N. They offer the following services.
- Inca Princess: The only private carriage for exclusive hire to Machu Picchu.
- Inca Train: Our carriages have been designed to offer total comfort and optimal enjoyment of the landscape in all its splendour. With three service levels and three daily frequencies, it is undoubtedly an excellent choice for those looking for a unique experience.
- Machu Picchu Train: The adventure begins from the train’s departure from the ancient village of Ollantaytambo, a gem among Inca architecture, tracing a winding route along the Vilcanota river past snow-capped peaks and verdant crops until it slowly enters the enchanted rainforest that hosts the mystical Inca citadel.
Office is located at the main square of Cusco, Portal de Carnes 214, and close to the main square you will find the other office the address is Plaza Regocijo 202, Urb Centro Historico, and the Main office is at Av Pachacuteq S/N, Wanchaq. They offer the following services.
- Hiram Bingham train: is an exclusive and luxury train. All service included where you will enjoy a full day of unforgettable experiences. Their carriages are distinguished by their blue and gold colors for its warm and cozy interiors that feature elegant upholstery. This service has four carriages, two dining carriages, an observation carriage with bar and a car, kitchen, besides being able to carry up to 84 passengers.
- The Vistadome: is the ideal train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machu Picchu.
- The Expedition: is a service designed for the traveler´s comfort, with four passenger seats located in front of each other, so you can share your experience, and for the faithful backpack that is always with you we offer racks placed above the seats.
Cusco to Machu Picchu train offers you several kinds of services suchs as Hiran Binghan( the most expesive and confortable service), Vistadome and the Expedition. All of them stop briefly at Poroy and Ollantaytambo.